Volunteer with the American Heart Association in Pierce County!
Are you a heart attack, cardiac arrest or stroke survivor? Are you inspired to educate others about heart disease and stroke? Do you have a knack for planning events or fundraising? Or, are you eager to contribute to the health of your community? No matter what your story or your passion is we have an opportunity for you to volunteer! Volunteers play a vital role in accomplishing our mission to build healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Helping at events such as the Go Red For Women Luncheon, Heart Walk, and Heart Ball
- Sharing our lifesaving messages at health fairs and events
- Working in our office putting together mailings or materials
- Sharing Life’s Simple 7 messaging with alliances or by speaking to groups
- Joining an event planning committee to plan logistics or advance fundraising.
- Sharing your passion for women’s heart health through the Go Red For Women Passion Committee
- Improving our community’s health by developing walking paths and increasing wellness initiatives in the Pierce County through the My Heart. My Life. Mission Committee. Email us for more information.
- Reaching out to your school to encourage participation in Jump Rope For Heart or other children’s initiatives
Sign up to become a volunteer!
If you are interested in any of the opportunities listed above, please contact the appropriate staff and submit the volunteer application form - AHA Pierce Co. via mail, fax or email.
American Heart Association
Tacoma, WA 98402
Fax: (253) 627-1657
For general questions, contact Rose LeMay at (253) 572-4996.