Find out what is happening at your local American Heart area
| || || ||AHA created the Heartsaver® Skills Evaluator™ role to meet the increasing demand of students who complete Part 1 of a Heartsaver eLearning course. Skills Evaluators evaluate first aid, CPR, and AED skills performed by students during a Heartsaver eLearning skills practice and testing session.|
Heartsaver® Skills Evaluators™ help students learn and develop skills by:
• Observing the student during skills practice
• Providing appropriate feedback
• Coaching the student toward competency in skills performance
• Testing the student
• Providing remediation for students who may need additional help meeting the course objectives
• Answering questions
| || |
Individuals interested in becoming Heartsaver® Skills Evaluators™ should follow these steps:
• Align with an authorized American Heart Association Training Center (must be a Training Center that is approved to teach the Heartsaver Skills Evaluator Course).
• Obtain or be prepared to present a provider card in first aid, CPR, and AED.
• Take the online course, Core Course: Skills Evaluator. Your Training Center will provide you with information on how to take this course.
Learn more about the Core Course: Skills Evaluator.
• Attend the Heartsaver Skills Evaluator Course. (This course is offered by Training Centers authorized to have Heartsaver Skills Evaluators.)
• Be monitored conducting skills practice and testing sessions (Parts 2 and 3) for at least two (2) students who have completed Heartsaver First Aid Online With CPR & AED Part 1 Course.
• Register with the AHA Instructor Network in order to receive a Heartsaver Skills Evaluator card