Open Enrollment November 15th – February 15th
The Health Insurance Marketplace makes it easier for people without health care coverage to learn about their options and enroll in a plan that meets their needs.
- The Health Insurance Marketplace provides a single location where individuals without insurance and small businesses can shop for private health insurance that fits their budget.
- Consumers will be able to see what their premiums, deductibles, and out-of-pocket costs would be under various plans to make apples-to-apples comparisons of their different options before enrolling.
Making Health Insurance Affordable
To help make coverage more affordable, financial help - known as the Health Insurance Premium Tax Credit - is available to most consumers who are uninsured who use the Health Insurance Marketplace.
When to apply
More than 10 million people gained coverage in 2014. If you don’t have coverage in 2015, you’ll pay a penalty.
- November 15th: Open Enrollment Starts
- December 15th: Last day to enroll in coverage that starts January 1st
- February 15th: Last day to enroll in coverage for 2015
How to apply
People can shop, apply for, and enroll in coverage in a variety of ways: Shop and apply online through the Marketplace website, call the toll-free number 1-800-318-2596, or get in-person assistance.
Visit www.healthcare.gov to learn more and get started today! The application and website is also available in Spanish and the toll-free number will provide assistance in 150 additional languages.View an infographic with this information.