You can improve the care you receive by talking with your healthcare team about your concerns, asking questions and getting the facts.
Usually, office visits and phone calls are shorter and more rushed than you (or your professionals) want. Simple communication skills can help you get what you need – over the phone, at the hospital or during office visits.
Learn more about building your relationship with your healthcare professionals with these resources:
- Communicating with Healthcare Professionals for Caregivers
- Establishing Trust With Your Cardiologist
- Find a Heart Check mark certified hospital
- Finding the Right Doctor
- Getting a Second Medical Opinion
- Health Literacy | Understanding What Your Doctor Is Saying
- Heart-To-Heart: Talking With Your Doctor