Their Health is at Risk
Our children are precious. We’d do anything to make sure they live long, healthy lives. That’s why the American Heart Association is dedicating resources to many areas of children’s health — but there is much more work to be done.
The American Heart Association and YOU-Working for Kids’ Health
The American Heart Association Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart are national education and fund-raising events sponsored by the American Heart Association and the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD). These events engage elementary and middle school students with jumping rope or playing basketball while empowering them to improve their own health and help other kids with heart health issues. And both programs are great ways to satisfy the physical education standards as determined by NASPE (National Association for Sport and Physical Education) and AAHE (American Association for Health Education).
Dollars raised through Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart give back to children, communities and schools through American Heart Association programs, including:
- Ongoing discovery of new treatments through research
- Advocating at federal and state levels for physical education and nutrition wellness in schools
- Training courses for middle and high school students in CPR
Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart Helps Students Grow
- Kids learn the value of community service and become empowered to contribute to their community’s welfare.
- Children join together in helping other kids with special hearts.
- Students learn how to develop heart-healthy habits while being physically active.
- Participants learn jump rope and basketball skills they can use for the rest of their lives.
- Students help your school earn gift certificates for free P.E. equipment!