8 oz. whole-wheat angel hair or spaghetti pasta, prepared to package directions
2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, visible fat removed and butterflied.
1 ½ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
2 teaspoons garlic, minced from jar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup low-sodium chicken stock
2 teaspoons salt free/low sodium Italian seasoning
2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced
- Prepare pasta to package directions – drain, rinse and set aside.
- Mix flour and pepper in a shallow dish. One at a time, place chicken pieces in flour mixture and turn to coat.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, turn to medium heat and add chicken. Cook until no longer pink inside (3-4 minutes per side).
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Re-spray skillet with cooking spray, turn heat to medium-high, and cook mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, lemon juice and chicken stock, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Italian Seasoning and zucchini, bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Toss pasta in the skillet with sauce. Serve topped with chicken.
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat ||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Cholesterol ||73 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
|Protein ||35 g|