Find out what is happening at your local American Heart area
Green Bean Casserole
About $0.62 per serving
1 pound frozen green beans, thawed (French cut is best)
1 -10.5 ounce can reduced-fat, low-sodium, cream of mushroom soup
½ cup low-fat sour cream
½ teaspoon pepper
1 small onion, cut in to thin sticks
¼ cup whole wheat flour
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, combine green beans, soup, sour cream and pepper. Stir until well mixed and bake for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While casserole bakes, spread out onion sticks and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle flour over onion pieces, tossing to coat equally.
- Spray a medium-large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until crisply, stirring occasionally.
- Remove casserole from oven, add ½ onions and stir well.
- Top with remaining half and return to oven, bake 5 minutes more.
|Total Fat||2.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat ||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Cholesterol ||4 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
|Protein ||3 g|
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
Sour Cream/Plain Yogurt
Quick Chicken Chili
Quick Chicken Fajitas with Black Beans & Spanish Rice
Tandoori Chicken with Brown Rice
Pan-Fried Pork Chop with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Salmon Bake with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
Creamy Spinach Feta Dip
Easy Chicken Salad
Creamy Ginger Salad Dressing
Recipe copyright © 2012 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking with Heart Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.