Next Meeting and Reception
Friday, November 14, 2014
Lunch: 11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Main Meeting: 1:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Reception: 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
What is the Industry Nutrition Advisory Panel?
The American Heart Association’s Industry Nutrition Advisory Panel (INAP) is a unique, strategic relationship between the American Heart Association’s Nutrition Committee and food industry leaders. In existence since 1995, INAP provides a platform for open dialogue, sharing of information and planning cooperative programs in areas of mutual interest such as diet and nutrition and cardiovascular disease. Through INAP, industry members are kept abreast of emerging nutrition science and American Heart Association nutrition policies and programs while providing the American Heart Association information on the strategic needs, structure and operations of the food industry.
Simply put – INAP is a meaningful and purposeful relationship that connects the leaders in today’s food industry with the American Heart Association.
Who is INAP?
The panel comprises current American Heart Association Nutrition Committee and food industry members. A food industry member may represent any for-profit or not-for-profit corporation, trade organization or agency whose objectives are in alignment with the mission, values and interests of the American Heart Association as it relates to advancing nutrition science, the application of science to food processing and public adoption of healthy dietary patterns.
With over thirty members, this dynamic group is comprised of some of the most recognized food industry businesses in America. INAP is co-chaired by a chairperson elected from the INAP members and the current chairperson of the Nutrition Committee serving two-year staggered terms. The Nutrition Committee will have a liaison appointed to work with INAP for a two-year term.
- The primary benefit of INAP is bringing together industry and science representatives to exchange dialogues on areas of mutual interest pertaining to nutrition at several meetings held each year
- One complimentary registration to attend the AHA’s spring Epi/Lifestyle science conference and council dinner (Council on Epidemiology and Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health)
- One complimentary AHA Premium Professional Membership; this includes is the option to affiliate with up to two of our 16 Scientific Councils and grants you access to seven of our eleven Scientific Journals.
- Private Member Portal containing archived meeting agendas and presentation decks, rosters and a library of relevant AHA nutrition statements, guidelines and policy papers
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Access to latest Science News
Face to Face Meetings
Members attend two face-to-face INAP meetings each year. These are held in the spring, prior to the Council on Epidemiology (Epi) and Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health (Lifestyle) Joint Scientific Sessions and in the fall, prior to the American Heart Association’s Scientific Sessions. Meeting agendas include discussion on relevant topics selected and prioritized by INAP members and/or presentations from noted authorities across a variety of topics.
Members attend the INAP Business Meeting that takes place in the summer. This meeting is held as a conference call.
Up to two representatives of each member may attend the meetings.
- Network and build relationships with industry leaders
- Receive education on relevant topics from the nutrition, physical activity, metabolism and obesity areas
- Get the latest updates on all AHA initiatives and provide input regarding statements and positions on these topics
- Utilize an established relationship with the Nutrition Committee that allows for open communication on mutual topics of interest
- Gain direct access to AHA staff involved in nutrition-related issues