Invest in the Health of Your Employees
Poor diet, lack of exercise and other major risk factors for heart disease and stroke are responsible for at least 25 percent of companies healthcare costs. Is it any wonder, then, that investing in the health of employees is one of the best decisions a company can make?
By creating a wellness environment, your company can help lower healthcare costs and protect your most important resource — your employees. In fact, research shows that for every $1 invested in worksite wellness, companies can receive up to $3 in return.
Learn great ways you can help your employees get fit and heart-healthy, and help your company reach its healthier goals.
- Guide for Company Leaders - Utilize these tools to help your employees reduce the risk of illness and prolong their lives by getting fit and heart-healthy.
- Healthy Workplace Food & Beverage Toolkit -Transform your workplace food environment with practical guidance and standards for healthier catered meals, meetings, vending machines and snacks.
- National Walking Day - Get your employees up and moving with the rest of corporate America on National Walking Day.
- National Eating Healthy Day - Get your employees eating healthy today and every day beginning on National Eating Healthy Day.
- Snacking Smart in the Workplace - Help employees make smart food choices in the office or at home with these healthy snacking ideas. Find how fruits and vegetables are often less expensive - and better for employees - than common snacks.
- My Activity Tracker - Sign up your company for the free, online Activity Tracker. It allows employees to post their physical activities. The tool also has functionality that, with the user’s permission, lets you see their progress, giving you an easy way to encourage their physical activity progress and recognize achievements.