These events engage elementary and middle school students with jumping rope or playing basketball while empowering them to improve their own health and help other kids with heart-health issues. And both programs are great ways to satisfy the physical education standards as determined by NASPE (National Association for Sport and Physical Education) and AAHE (American Association for Health Education).
Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart Help Students Grow!
- Kids learn the value of community service and become empowered to contribute to their community's welfare.
- Children join together in helping other kids with special hearts.
- Students learn how to develop heart-healthy habits while being physically active
- Participants learn jump rope and basketball skills they can use for the rest of their lives.
- Students help your school earn gift certificates for free P.E. equipment!
How It Works....
Jump Rope For Heart or Hoops For Heart events are conducted in school by physical education instructors, coaches or teachers. They can be scheduled whenever it's most convenient-during physical education class, lunch or before or after school. Once you register, you'll receive an event kit with everything you need to conduct a successful Jump Rope For Heart or Hoops For Heart event:
1. Step-by-step instructions on scheduling, promoting and conducting the event.
2. Heart-healthy curriculum to support heart awareness with the event.
3. Tips for fund raising. Participants ask friends and family for donations. Our online tool makes raising money even easier!
4. Training and support from an experienced American Heart Association staff person or volunteer.
With your support, we can help protect and improve children's health!