When a patient's life hangs by a thread,
the power to save it may hang by a guideline.
Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation has its roots in the American Heart Association's National Registry of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (NRCPR), started in 1999 to collect resuscitation data from hospitals nationwide and create evidence-based guidelines for inpatient CPR.
In 2010, the program was incorporated into Get With The Guidelines and enhanced to provide additional resources, tools and benefits, including:
- identification of improvement opportunities
- performance comparison with hospitals
- reduction of noncompliance and medical errors through data-driven peer review
- access to the most up-to-date research and scientific publications
- professional education opportunities, such as workshops and webinars
- clinical tools and resources
- QI field staff support
- a competitive advantage in the healthcare marketplace
- national and local recognition for hospital team program achievement
- web-based data collection to fulfill Joint Commission standards and other requirements
- performance feedback reporting for continuous quality improvement
Data collection and feedback reporting are performed using the American Heart Association’s Patient Management Tool™ (PMT), an online, interactive system provided by Outcome Sciences, A Quintiles Company. Download the Get With The Guidelines-Resuscitation fact sheets for more information.
- Get With The Guidelines-Resuscitation Fact Sheet: View the recognition, quality, reporting, and descriptive measures reported on via Get With The Guidelines-Resuscitation.
- Post-Cardiac Arrest Care Fact Sheet : View the Post-Cardiac Arrest Care (PCAC) measures reported on via Get With The Guidelines-Resuscitation.
The Get With The Guidelines-Resuscitation program is provided by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.