The numbers tell the story.
- Almost 250,000 Americans experience STEMI, the deadliest form of heart attack, each year
- Thirty percent of STEMI patients fail to receive percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) or thrombolytic therapy
- Of those who receive PCI, only 40 percent are treated within the door-to-balloon timeframe of 90 minutes, recommended by the American Heart Association
- Of those who receive thrombolytic therapy, fewer the half are treated within the recommended door-to-needle timeframe of 30 minutes
- Seventy percent of those patients who aren’t eligible for thrombolytic therapy fail to receive PCI, the only other option to restore blood flow to blocked arteries
Mission: Lifeline® is working to change that.
We’re helping to create STEMI systems of care and improve existing ones to ensure prompt, seamless, effective treatment to STEMI patients.